Lately, I’ve been trying with myself and my team to make things positive. Often you’ll hear team members start sentences with things like:
- We shouldn’t rely on e-mail to communicate.
- We don’t communicate enough.
- You didn’t tell the team what was happening.
When you ask them what are they doing, you get the positive. For example:
- We will have face to face conversations as much as possible.
- We will over communicate and find the right balance.
- We will keep each other informed.
Besides sounding better it feels better. Here are some of my own:
- Instead of “doubting”, I’m BELIEVING
- Instead of closed-off, I’m open
- Instead of scared, I’m trusting